Bring Mark Barnes to your school
Mark Barnes, creator of Learn it in 5, and author of the acclaimed education book, Role Reversal, conducts workshops on digital learning strategies and results-only learning nationwide throughout the year. Learn all about Mark's presentations and workshops here.
- An experienced and highly-skilled Keynote speaker and on-site consultant
- Author of Role Reversal: Achieving Uncommonly Excellent Results in the Student-Centered Classroom (ASCD February, 2013)
- Author of The 5-Minute Teacher: How do I maximize time for learning in my classroom (ASCD August, 2013)
- Published or featured in leading education magazines and websites such as, Learning and Leading with Technology, eSchool News, SmartBlogs on Education, The Atlantic, EdWeek and ASCD Express
- A seasoned teacher with 20 years of in-the-classroom experience, who has been successfully integrating Web 2.0 and social media into everyday teaching and learning for many years
- Creator of the award-winning Learn it in 5 web site
- A Discovery Education Network Star Educator
- A developer and instructor of five online courses that teach educators how to design and integrate all-inclusive classroom web sites, how to integrate Web 2.0 applications and how to use social media to teach any subject or grade
- A published novelist (The League, DNA Press 2005)
- Creator of the Results Only Learning Environment
- A former journalist who covered the beat for two professional sports teams (Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Cavaliers)
- A curriculum developer
- TechNet Conference Kansas City (Featured speaker/presenter 2014)
- Association of Christian Schools International Conference (Keynote speaker 2014)
- ASCD Conference (Featured panel speaker 2014)
- International Reform Symposium (Keynote speaker 2013)
- Gahanna Schools Columbus, OH (Keynote speaker 2013)
- Newpoint Education Partners Staff Retreat (Keynote speaker 2013)
- Coppell Middle School, Texas (Keynote & onsite training 2013)
- ASCD Annual Conference (2012, 2013)
- ECW conference, Monte Vista, California (2013)
- Gainesville, Georgia Web Tools & Mobile Learning Workshop (2013)
- Results-only Learning conference Philadelphia, PA (2013)
- Results-only Learning conference Nassau BOCES, New York (2013)
- Lake County ESC Leadership conference (2013)
- Lake County ESC Administrative Retreat (2012)
- International Society for Technology in Education Conference (Presenter 2011)
- Reform Symposium worldwide e.conference (Organizer/Presenter 2011)
- eTech Ohio's Educational Technology Conference (2009, 2010, 2011)
- Idea Stream: Innovative Technology & Educational Practice Conference (Presenter 2011)
- The International Learning Conference (3-time invitee; Presenter 2008)
- Keynote addresses -- Numerous keynote presentations on Web 2.0 and social media and engaging the 21st century learner with Results-only learning.
- Concurrent conference sessions-- Fast-paced 45-90-minute sessions on the All-inclusive paperless classroom, the role of Web 2.0 in today's education, getting Plugged in with Twitterand successfully integrating social media into the K-12 classroom.
- See one of the slide shows used to help engage the audience, linked here.
- Full- or half-day school workshops -- When it works with my teaching schedule, I will come to your school and work with your teachers on creating the All-inclusive classroom web site, complete with student web pages, blogs and message boards. I also demonstrate a wide variety of Web 2.0 and social media tools, as seen here on Learn it in 5, and how to seamlessly integrate them into K-12 classrooms.
- The Mark Barnes Newsletter
- On narrative feedback
- On homework
- On Twitter as a professional learning tool
- On classroom rules
- On grades
Still More on Mark Barnes
To discuss a presentation for your school or conference, please use our contact form at this link.